Richard Fischer has more than 30 years of experience in audits, reviews, compilations, and internal control engagements in the public, private, non-profit, and governmental sectors. His clients work in a variety of industries, including construction, real estate, manufacturing, communications, wholesale, and retail. He is a frequent speaker on fraud and risk assurance, and has advised clients on ways to reduce and mitigate risk within their financial statements.
He also specializes in employee benefit plan audits, and has worked with SEC-registered clients to resolve comments related to their accounting positions or financial disclosure-related issues.
In addition to his role at FVL, Mr. Fischer is a managing director at the CPA firm O’Connor, Pagano and Associates. Previously he was the Partner-in-Charge of the Audit Department at a large regional CPA firm. In this role, he oversaw all audit engagements and audit personnel. Prior to that, he worked for two of the Big 4 accounting firms.
- St. Francis University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Major: Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Approved Peer Reviewer
- Volunteer Service Award, 2016
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Employee Benefits Plan Committee, Chair
- Accounting and Auditing Committee, Member
- Construction Committee, Member
- Non-profit, Accounting, and Auditing Procedures Committee, Member
- Peer Review Committee, Member